WATCHING TERMINATOR

Yesterday, after my 12-hour power nap, I got super excited by the Exclusive 4-Minute Clip of the upcoming TERMINATOR SALVATION. To me: Angst + Science Fiction = Perfection. Throw in some eye candy and voila!

I realized I didn't really remember much from the three TERMINATOR predecessors. All I remember is this dude sinking into the big pool of molten lava. So I think I'll go and watch those movies again. A great way to spend Sunday night, in my opinion.

+ Memorable moments from TERMINATOR 1:
- Arnold Schwazenegger's naked butt,
- Sarah Conner wearing a FLINTSTONES t-shirt,
- the bright purple lazor beams in the future sequences,
- the music used in the background.

+ Memorable moments from TERMINATOR 2:
- Arnold Schwazenegger's naked butt,
- Robert Patrick's naked butt.


+ I finally got my hands on TERMINATOR 3 and finished catching up with the series. Now I have my stories straight. Turns out I hadn't watched the third one before, so the shocking ending had its proper shocking effect, and one which I was surprisingly content with. So they couldn't prevent Judgement Day from happening after all. GOOD! I usually dislike the movies in which the past/present seems to be so easily rewritten or altered for the betterment of the future. Sometimes, I don't want all apocalypse to be prevented. I WANT to watch the apocalypse happen. I WANT to watch how one would react in such situations. This is why I loved BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. This is why I'm looking so much foward to TERMINATOR 4. For the first time, we will (hopefully) be able to witness the events of the post-apocalyptic future of the TERMINATOR world, and finally see John Connor as the revolutionary leader, and not some obnoxious kid or bad-ass punky homeless young adult.

By the way, what is it with making Terminator saying things like "Talk to the hand"? Why??? I had barely survived the "Hasta la vista, baby" line. With all the glorious dark and gloom that T4 previews have promised us, I hope the writers don't ruin it by making anyone utter those stupid Terminator lines. Yeah, I get it: it's a punchline, people remember them forever and ever, and a tribute to the first two films that is now considered as classic. But no. Please please please don't make Christian Bale say "Lasta la vista, baby."

2 comments:

  1. ..didn't realize you were that into buts

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah just came into my mind....since hasta la vista is spanish, you know how the spanish translated that?

    -sayonara, baby

    .....why sayonara.....suddenly???

    ReplyDelete