NEW SOUNDTRACKS: T4, STAR TREK & MORE MCCREARY

Just got my hands on the soundtrack of TERMINATOR SALVATION. How had I not known all this time that it had been Danny Elfman composing for the film!? Though I've got to admit, this was a pretty surprising discovery. As much as I worship Danny Elfman, he wasn't quite the composer I had expected to be picked for this film. What I mean to say is, I still associate the composer with playfully sinister tunes like NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, or with the bouncy jazz tracks in CORPSE BRIDE and CHICAGO. Then again, he has also composed for heavy films like THE KINGDOM and RED DRAGON, as well as action flicks like MI:. So I guess I should just shut up and take a listen to TERMINATOR before saying anything else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to immerse myself in some Danny Elfman gloriousness, while getting some RL work done, all throughout the night.

Other new soundtracks on my iPod:
• STAR TREK (Michael Giacchino)
• THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES (Bear McCreary)
• EUREKA (Bear McCreary)

... yeah. Not exactly branching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment