ITUNES 10 BEST DRAMAS PICK

It's always interesting to read and compare the "Top Ten" or "Best of the Year" lists that the mass media comes up with.  Some lists are clearly biased, only focusing on major networks or affected largely by sponsor or copyright issues.  Then there are lists made by genre fans, while others hail anything with guns and eye-candy federal agents.  Some are just plain ridiculous and a testament of bad taste.

But in any case, lists are a lot of fun.  There is a strange sense of relief and a bucket load of satisfaction involved in finding your favorite TV show or film making it to these lists.


(click screenshot to enlarge)

So the other day, I was browsing through iTunes and I saw that they had come up with their own Best list. I was thrilled because I had not seen Apple do this before.  Apple, who deserves lots of kudos for creating one of the most user-friendly pages for movie trailers (w/ a neat, Apple-esque web design), which I have always preferred over any other trailer streaming sites, even that of iMDb.  I decided that I liked everything that Apple does.  And it's a pretty good list too. (Hoorah BSG!, while amused that ER made it on the list. But I suppose it is now THE medical show)

Of course, if Apple/iTunes was a little more honest, the list would actually be titled "10 Best TV Dramas that YOU CAN BUY ON iTUNES" but who cares about the minor details, right?

- word stuck in my head: "phallic"
- song stuck in my head: none today

No comments:

Post a Comment